Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Author Interview with Krista Wayment


Hello everyone. I'm very excited to have Krista Wayment author of Trusted here with us today!

Krista Wayment has been making up stories since she learned to talk. Writing naturally grew out of that. Krista is an avid Fantasy and Science Fiction fan, and a total nerd. She is also a software engineer and loves playing video games. Although, curling up with a good book is still one of her favorite past times. 

Here's a little info on her new book Trusted:

Renick, the fifth son of a dragon breeder, crashes into an unexpected adventure that challenges everything he thought he knew about dragons, history, and himself. Stranded in the massive Helath forest, Renick meets two other passengers: Thane, a noble training to be a dragon knight, and Lainey, the orphaned niece of a healer. Together they survive an attack by vicious wolves, rescue a baby dragon with a broken wing, and escape from a band of dragon hunters as they make a perilous climb into the mountains. What they discover there will change everything. 

Sounds Interesting, doesn't it? Well than with out further ado lets learn a little more about Krista shall we?

What was the first thing that sparked the idea for Trusted? 

I wanted to write a story about dragons. So I started asking myself questions about what kind of dragons I wanted in my world. After several rounds of "What if?" and "Why?" the Dragons' Trust world was born. From there it was easy to craft the story and characters for Trusted. 

What was your favorite chapter to write and why?

Chapter 23: Proven. It is my main characters shining moment. And one of my characters, Lainey, overcomes her greatest fear. I still get wrapped up in it whenever I read it.

What is your favorite book you have read recently?

Hmmm, recently. I recently re-read The Riddle-Master of Hed series by Patricia A. McKillip and LOVED it. It was so inspiring and much better than I remembered it.

Who was your favorite author growing up?

Robin McKinely. My favorite books of hers are The Blue Sword and Beauty both of which I have read at least four times.

What is the first random word that comes to mind?

Popcorn.

What do you think inspired that answer?

I am craving caramel or chocolate popcorn right now :)

Other than Renick, who is your favorite character in Trusted?

I would have to say Plyth. He is a baby dragon and so very, very cute. 

Who are some if your favorite fictional characters?

I have so many. But I'll pick just one--whole cast :) I love the characters in Lloyd Alexander's Series The Prydain Chronicles.

If you had a time machine and could meet any author--who would it be?

Probably Jane Austin. Mostly because I would be fascinated to see the woman behind so many books that have been so popular for so long.

What's your next project and when do you hope to have it finished?

My next project is book 2 of the Dragons' Trust series, which sadly does not have a title yet. I am hoping to have it finished in time to release later this year.

I'm sure after reading Trusted we'll all be dying for book two. Good luck with everything Krista, and thanks for stopping by.

Okay avid readers Krista make sure to enter the Trusted Giveaway as part of the Trusted Blog tour. And if keep your eyes peeled for that special extra entry the dragon scale! Also to follow Krista and keep informed on all the goings on with her book Trusted you can find her at the following links. 

Now go forth and pick up your own copy of Trusted and come back and let us know what you think of Krista Wayment's take on Dragons.

Till next time, R.J. Craddock.


No comments:

Post a Comment