Saturday, March 23, 2013

“Life as the Wife of a Musician”


Besides a writer, I am many things. I am a mother of three crazy boys. I am a homemaker, an artist, a book lover, a film fanatic, and a singer/songwriter. And last but not least I am a wife to one very talented musician. (Spoiler alert—shameful promotion of my husband and his band—coming up!!!) My husband, Jonny Craddock--also a singer/songwriter like me--plays guitar, piano, bass, and the drums and has been doing so for the last 25 years. For the last two years he’s been one of the driving forces behind the up-and-coming Utah band “Lucid 8.” I’m extremely supportive of my hubby. Also, being a Jack of all trades, for the past two years I’ve been helping his band in any way I can. From writing song lyrics, to running their website, to designing their album(s) cover art. I’ve put up with countless nights alone with the kids so that he could play gigs, have band practice, and spend time in the studio recording their new album “American Eyesore” which came out in January 2013. Now, finally, all their hard work (and mine) is about to pay off! Midnight Records has offered them a contract with their new record label! They’re officially signing with them soon and I couldn’t be more thrilled. They’re a great group of guys and together make one fantastic band! They’re music is refreshingly unique in a world where far too many bands all sound the same and cater to the mainstream pop sound. “Lucid 8” is rock n’ roll with a funky soul and a dash of alternative for flavor. Their music is upbeat yet thoughtful. Their music is complex in their arrangements with catchy hooks and tunes that get stuck in your head. (Not in a bad way) But don’t take my word for it; you can check them out yourselves at www.lucid8.net. You can also find “Lucid 8” on facebook and www.reverbnation.com. Also a music review will be posted May 23rd after 4 pm at www.findingthewrongwords.blogspot.com.
Very soon you’ll be able to hear their music on iTunes and eventually on a radio station near you. Keep an ear out for their songs which include, “Blind world”, “Blue Tuesday” and “The Rain.” The last one, I think is a sure-fire hit. Below is my favorite picture of the band (because my hunky drummer boy is in the foreground) for you to gander at.
Now go forth my children and share their page, and website on Facebook and other social media outlets. Also, you can buy their EP and the “American Eyesore” album on their website. Let’s get the word out about the next big thing: “Lucid 8.”

R.J. Craddock

No comments:

Post a Comment